The Monterock Group takes data privacy very seriously and this privacy notice is designed to help you understand how we use your personal information when you visit our website.
We encourage you to read the whole notice. Alternatively, if you wish to read about specific privacy practices that interest you, please click on the relevant links below.
We are the Monterock Group. Our holding company, Monterock International Limited, has its registered address at Level 6, Building 3, Dubai International Financial Center, P.O. Box 262, Dubai, UAE.
This privacy notice applies to each of the organizations that form part of the Monterock Group. Click here to find an up-to-date list of the organizations that make up the Monterock Group.
This is our privacy notice that applies to our use of your personal data when you use our website.
This notice may be updated from time to time. This version is dated October 2022.
Personal information is information that relates to you or allows us to identify you. This includes obvious things like your name, address and telephone number but can also include less obvious things like analysis of your use of our websites.
There are different types of personal information. The most important types for you to know about are:
• Special categories of personal information – these categories of personal information often have additional protection under data protection laws around the world. These categories include information about your health, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs and trade union membership, your genetic data and biometric data, and information concerning your sex life or sexual orientation.
• Criminal convictions information – this is information relating to your criminal convictions and offences. Local data protection laws may restrict the way in which we can use this information when compared to, for example, your name and address.
We process your personal information in our capacity as a controller. This means that we are responsible for ensuring that we comply with relevant data protection laws when processing your personal information.
We only collect personal information about you in connection with the operation of our website. We will hold information about you if you visit our website.
The types of information we process about you may include:
Types of personal information
Identifiers, location information and other technical information
Any other technology on the devices you use to access this website
• Information about how you use our website
Please note that we do not collect any special categories of personal data about you, nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
We collect your personal information by actively obtaining your personal information ourselves, for example through the use of website tracking devices.
In this section we set out in more detail:
· the main purposes for which we use your personal information; and
· the legal bases upon which we are using your personal information.
Visitors to our websites
We collect your personal information in order to provide to you the facilities on our websites that you have requested and to understand where how our websites are used, including the relative popularity of the content on our websites.
We do not generally look to collect special categories of personal data and criminal convictions data via our website.
We have a legitimate interest in providing to you the facilities on our websites that you have requested and in understanding where and how our websites are used, including the relative popularity of the content on our websites.
We do not generally process your personal information based on your consent (as we can usually rely on another legal basis). Where we do process your personal information based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. To withdraw your consent please email us at [email protected]
We do not sell your information nor make it generally available to others. But we do share your information in the following circumstances:
• our organization is made up of a number of different entities around the world. Where it is necessary or appropriate for the purposes for which we hold your information, we share your relevant information across our affiliated companies. All of our affiliated companies covered by this notice manage your personal information in the manner and to the standards set out in this notice, subject to any local jurisdictional compliance requirements. Details of the affiliated companies to which this notice applies are set out in paragraph 1.1 above;
• we use the services of various external organizations to help us run our business efficiently. Some of these services (such as data storage) involve the service provider holding and using your personal information. In each case where we share your information with one of our service providers, the service provider is required to keep it safe and secure. They are also not permitted to use your information for their own purposes;
• if we sell our business, then your information may be transferred to the new owner to enable the continuation of the business; and
• we share your personal information with other third parties, such as relevant regulators, where we are required to do so to comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
We take security issues seriously. We implement appropriate steps to help maintain the security of our information systems and processes and prevent the accidental destruction, loss or unauthorised disclosure of the personal information we process.
We do not use profiling (where an electronic system uses personal information to try and predict something about you) or automated decision making (where an electronic system uses personal information to make a decision about you without human intervention).
We do not keep your personal information forever.
[We keep your personal information in accordance with our global data retention policy which categorises all of the information held by us and specifies the appropriate retention period for each category of information. Those periods are based on the requirements of relevant data protection laws and the purpose for which the information is collected and used, taking into account legal and regulatory requirements to retain the information for a minimum period, limitation periods for taking legal action, good practice and our business purposes.]
We operate in many different countries around the world.
The global nature of our business means that your personal information may well be transferred across national boundaries, including, potentially, to countries that do not require organisations by law to look after your personal information in the way in which you have come to expect in your own country.
Where we transfer your personal information across national boundaries, we will protect your personal information by ensuring that those transfers are made in compliance with all relevant data protection laws.
If you would like further details of how your personal information is protected when transferred from one country to another then please email us at [email protected].
Whilst this privacy notice describes the data protection practices adopted by us generally across the world, local data protection laws may vary and our operations in some countries may mean that we are subject to different, or additional, local data protection requirements.
If you have any questions in relation to our use of your personal information, please email us at [email protected]
Under certain conditions, you may have the right to require us to:
• provide you with further details on the use we make of your personal information;
• provide you with a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
• update any inaccuracies in the personal information we hold about you;
• delete any of your personal information that we no longer have a lawful ground to use;
• where processing is based on consent, stop that particular processing by withdrawing your consent;
• object to any processing based on our legitimate interests unless our reasons for undertaking that processing outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights;
• restrict how we use your personal information whilst a complaint is being investigated; and
• transfer your personal information to a third party in a standardised machine-readable format.
In certain circumstances, we may need to restrict your rights in order to safeguard the public interest (e.g. the prevention or detection of crime) and our interests (e.g. the maintenance of legal privilege).
If you are not satisfied with our use of your personal information in respect of this website or our response to any request by you to exercise your rights, or if you think that we have breached any relevant data protection laws, then please contact us at [email protected] You may in addition have the right to complain to any regulatory authority that supervises our processing of your personal information or, where you are based in the EU, the data protection authority in your country.